Tuesday, December 1, 2020

Chaos Champion...Scale Creep Challenge Figure

 Hi all,

Upon completion of the $th ed Wolf riders I was presented the opportunity to paint something completely different...and I jumped at it.  My good friends over at the Scale Creep blog pulled together a quick Chaos Champion painting challenge...and we had only a week to complete our figures.  Total of nine Creepers participated and produced some impressive works of art!  

Click HERE to see the full post with all the amazing conversions and paint jobs.

I decided to use this opportunity to paint one of the Chaos Knights that have been languishing in my storage area for years now.  And, after listening to my compatriots speak of the massive conversions they were undertaking for their champions, I decided I had to so something to kick my figure up a notch. So, in addition to picking a bad ass Chaos Steed for his mount, I also decided to add a bit of "flare" to the rider by giving him a couple of spare Kislev Winged Lancer wings that I had in my bitz box. 

This is somewhat of an homage to one of my favorite 3rd edition empire knight figures...the Mounted General who has a very similar set of wings.


 Anyway, this hardly counts as a "conversion", particularly when compared to the other Scale Creep entries (seriously...you gotta check them out! Click HERE) but I feel it added quite a bit of character to this Chaos Knight.

Painting this guy was a bit of a labor of love.  The casting quality of the legs is atrocious with horrible blobs flash and misshapen armor plates etc....but the upper torso makes up for it...

 



...and the Steed itself was a real joy to paint! what a great figure....and what a massive chaos dildo he has mounted to his head...LMAO... 

I also threw together this little scene with things that were lingering around my painting desk.

Cheers for now!

Chris

7 comments:

  1. He’s such a boss dawg! Hoping Vasken can team up with him some day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Subconsciously I feel I have been waiting my whole life to see the words "chaos" and "dildo" in one sentence...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well then I'm happy to have provided the occasion for it to be said...lmao hahaha

      Delete
  3. I think this is one of my favourites from you Chris. It really feels like some of those descriptions of chaos warriors from those early Warhammer novels - brutal warriors who would ride you down without a second thought, and you would never even catch a glimpse of their faces behind the helmets. The wings are an inspired addition - they really do elevate the figure and give him a lot of mass. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful work, Blue! I love the palette you chose - that fleshy red is striking (and unusual).
    Incidentally, if I could live my life all over again, I'd start a death metal band and call it "Massive Chaos Dildo".

    ReplyDelete