As you may remember in the last installment I had applied the final highlights to the brown earth areas and had painted the rocks and rubble patches (including cliff faces) a medium grey and highlighted those as well.
At this point there is isn't much left to do...
...except for the water feature....but we will save that for the final blog post (cause I haven't done it yet!)
For the final texturing of the boards I went back in and added some static grass and tufts to strategic locations. This added some variety and point contrast to to the dominant tan/green/grey areas of the boards.
Tufts were sparingly added to the rubble patches and tucked into crevasses etc. in the cliff faces. This gives the impression of plants that found some level of protection nestled between the rocks and are growing out.
|this one has the glue in place and ready for the tufts|
I also patches of static grass to a number of locations...mostly around rock and rubble patches ...but also occasionally on there own as well.
Here are all six boards showing the static grass and tufts
So! I'm nearly there! I just need to figure out the water feature...and I've consulted with my expert panel of terrain builders and I'm finally ready to act!
...well...maybe by the weekend I will be... :)
thanks for watching! back with more soon.