I had a substantial break in my painting flow with the advent of the holidays this year...which involved me traveling back to the midwest for a week without painting supplies!
Our return to Vermont has coincided with some of the coldest days of the year so far and therefore I have the wood stove burning and the ceiling fans on...this leads to very poor painting conditions due to the dry air from the wood heat and breeze from the fans I can hardly keep my wet palette living up to its name for long!
So...long story short...I'm still plugging away on the unit of Knights Errant. I think they are looking very good and I'm get close to done. But I've been using these very dry days to focus on my getting my next units of figures ready for the painting desk once the knights trot off into the distance seeking adventure.
I've decided to add some more infantry to the Armee with the addition of two units of Foot Knights. One unit with heavy armor, and shields, armed with hand weapons. And one unit in heavy Armor, armed with great weapons. I've been collecting the Foot Knights that Citadel released in the short lived 3rd edition Bretonnian release for a number of years and have acquired quite a few. I've decided to add to this and fill out the units with some of the excellent Claymore Castings figures. These modern castings fit very well with the 3rd edition Perry Bros. sculpted foot knights and add a bit of "movement" to the unit as some of them are dynamically posed in comparison to Citadel knights.
Here are the Great Weapon Knights, I will use them as Linebreakers in Oathmark and as Foot Knights in Oldhammer Games.
And here are the Foot Knights with Hand Weapons Weapons, these I will use as Warriors in Oathmark and as Foot Knights in Oldhammer Games.
I'm particularly fond of the Claymore Castings figure that I will be using for the unit...sadly I managed to break this sword off as I was preparing him for priming...I'm not sure how to fix it to be honest...he may need a new blade altogether.
Both units have standard bearers that were created from broken spear armed foot knights or retainers that I had picked up somewhere along the way. A little drilling...some brass rod and bit for the banner pole topper and you've got a brand new standard bearer for your unit!
So, there are the next 30 figures I'll tackle. I've been looking forward to painting some of these figures for nearly 10 years so I'm excited to finally check them off the list and get them onto the table!
hopefullly I'll be back with an update on the Knights in the next few days.