Wednesday, October 26, 2011

And There was MUCH Rejoicing!!!

Howdy all

So since I've gotten back into the hobby after a very long break (15 years or so) I've mostly been collecting and painting...but lately the urge to actually game with my minis has gotten stronger.  However one of the major impediments to having an actual game was the lack of a table to play on...also the lack of money to make one....also the lack of space in which to keep it... :( 

But!  the other day I was looking through our local Craigslist and saw someone offering a folding Ping Pong Table for $30...I thought this would be a great compromise...a big table to game on that folds up fairly small...and a PP table for when the kids are older.  So I called them and they told me I could have it but that it was cracked and wouldn't work for PP anymore...so I dropped the idea.  Well yesterday the guy gets ahold of me and says I can have it for free if I come get it...I was there in 10min... lol  "Awesome" I thought a huge table to play on (9'x5')...more than big enough for even large games.  So I brought it home...and found that it was a cheap Piece of Crap...and it was wobbly....and as I started to set it up the "crack" turned into this...


 :'( :'( So much for my big table!  But not to be deterred I threw that half of the table away and consolidated all the legs under the remaining half....this made the remaining half MUCH more stable and still left me with a decent size playing surface of 5'x4.5'  Which should be great for Skirmish games and small WFB games (3rd edition of course).  here is what she looks like now







Not too shabby for FREE!!

And Yes I'll have to play in my Garage...but its better than nothing!

Now I just need to come up with some low cost terrain, and some cheap acrylic to paint the table with and I'll be good to go.

Wish me luck!

Cheers,

Blue

No comments:

Post a Comment