Just a quick note to post some progress on my goal of bringing my old units up to snuff for the coming weekend.
I've started with the biggest task which is rebasing about 50 figures. To that end I replaced all the old green or otherwise painted bases and got busy getting sand glued to each and every one of them. That happened last night. Along with the bases I also chose the shields I will use for the Bugman's unit and the few I need for my Warhammer Regiments dwarfs. These have now been primed...as has the standard bearer for the Clansmen unit.
Here is the group getting rebased and you can see the many shields I have mounted to a painting "handle"
I have also carefully removed the banners from the Pike Regiment and the Rangers Unit and I will try to do a little clean up and repair on those before reattaching them.
So all in all progress is good...but the bases are still very intimdating to finish in time. I will put in a couple more long evenings on them tonight and tomorrow...but it wouldn't suprise me if I was still putting static grass on these on Friday night in the hotel room!
Cheers for now,