Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Orctober...Part I

Hello all,

As you may have notice this "Orctober" thing seems to have grown steady over the last couple of years...The first I had heard of it was on Erny's wonderful Blog and on the Oldhammer forum...a casual challenge among friends to get some Orcs painted...but it now seems to have taken on a life of it own! 

...I'm not complaining of course.  Any excuse to paint Greenskins is a good excuse to me.  Though I haven't painted any of my own for a long time...the classic Orcs and Goblins hold a special place in my collection, second only in size to my dwarf collection.


So with Orctober having arrived it seemed a good excuse to crack on with some lingering greenskins that have been inhabiting my painting desk half painted for a number of months.  Specifically these were a half squad of Ork boys that I need to get finished up before journey to some god forsaken planet and die storming a beach (or defending it...stay tuned!).

There are some great models in this little group and it feels good to finally get them ready for a battle in the near future.





Now these guys were painted to match the other half squad of Orks I had painted long ago..

the Big Boss was glad that the final recruits had finally arrived...





So...there ya go..my first ever Orctober post.  But as you can tell by the name of this post I this might not be my last.

Cheers,

Blue

12 comments:

  1. I love the paint scheme that you've used - it makes the ork skin really pop. I recall being slightly envious of a friend in the 80s because he had the Ork Raiders boxed set. It did mean that we could play the Battle for the Farm scenario though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, great figures made them a pleasure to paint.

      Delete
  2. Looking great! The green / grey / Brown combo works a treat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look great, nicely painted, and the colour scheme suits them well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look well and properly ready to head off marauding. :) Nice grouping and I love how you've painted them. They have a great action movie flair about them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! The Hunt for Red Orctober? Orctober Sky? What Orcs May Come? No, wait, that last one doesn't sound quite right somehow.

      Delete
  5. Any excuse to paint Orks is good, and you've taken the most of these, nice colours!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great colors and iconic figures. I hope to see them in the Emporium orktober painting contest

    ReplyDelete
  7. They look great, Blue. I love the beret on the leader.
    Can't wait to see what else you have up your sleeve!

    ReplyDelete
  8. They look great Blue. I always hope to paint something for Orc(k)tober but usually fail. Right now I have three or four not Orc things and a certain lonely Waaagh leader I'm hoping to finish.

    ReplyDelete