Monday, October 2, 2017

New Terrain in Use! Orcs attack!

Howdy Ya'll!!

Before I had the excellent game of Donnyhammer with my local gaming group the other day I also took the opportunity to have a bit of a photo session with my newly completed houses and a couple of my Terrain boards.

For this effort I employed two of my completed Terrain boards and set them up with all the lights I have on hand and "decorated" them with all the buildings and rock walls that have been the subject of several of my last posts.

This is what the set up looked like before I populated it with figures...




Next, I grabbed a couple of trays of figures from my storage cases and set about establishing a scene...

What came out of it was a contingent of Empire troops defending a small village against a rampaging force of Orcs and Goblins...
The Orc and Goblins Approach the Empire Position



Orc Warlord Observes his Boyz Attacking The Empire Reiksguard


The Orcs Attack Comes In
Reiksguard Defends the Angle

HOLD THE WALL!!!

Ogres in the Service of the Emperor


Reinforcements Coming In

Hold at all Costs!!!

This all came together pretty quickly and was broken down and stashed in less than an hour...so bear that in mind...but I hope you enjoyed the results as much as I enjoyed setting it up and playing with my War dolls... :)

Regards,

Blue

22 comments:

  1. Such a great table. Thanks for sharing Bloo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning. That is a quality set up. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I need to add some more trees and Shrubs and scatter tyoer terrain but I'm slowly getting there.

      Delete
  3. Amazing. Would appreciate any photography tips you may have to share about lighting etc. Your pics are excellent

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm....I wish I had gotten a photo with all my lights in the pic...most of them are just desk lamp with Day light CFL bulbs. I also have two OTT Lights that I use for painting and for photos. I've been meaning to put together a tutorial about my photos for some time...

      Delete
  4. Terrain and minis look great! (Though I've never been terribly fond of the Marauder orc sculpts.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For shame! the Marauder Orcs are not Kev Admas but they have a charm of their own IMO.

      Delete
  5. Looks like it came straight from the pages of White Dwarf from the early 90s - only better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its hard to believe what you can do with an iPhone camera these days isn't it! thanks!

      Delete
  6. Great work Chris! It looks really good, especially considering these were your first game boards

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job Blue. The scenery and figures look great. Proppa Oldhamma!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Replies
    1. I learned it by watching you Clarence!! thanks bud...

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. Thanks Man! More to come over the winter I hope...I need some trees and river sections.

      Delete
  10. Woow (^_^) Table, buidings and miniatures... So good stuff you have. Pictures are really good too. You can be proud of you boy! BRAVO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nico! that means a lot coming from you! :)

      Delete